Sakie Sato is a main character in Demi-chan wa Kataritai.
She is a Mathematics teacher who also happens to be a Succubus. Similar to her students, her Demi-human origin has several repercussions in her ability to fit, and perspective of fitting into a normal life.
Sakie is an attractive young woman with black hair, purple eyes, and a large bust. She is most frequently seen wearing a red track suit and glasses; the tracksuit is to obscure her figure. When her glasses are off and her hair is down, Saki (according to Tetsuo) has increased sex appeal. Additionally, it seems she avoids getting contacts as her glasses help obscure her face.
Being a succubus, her body produces an aphrodisiac pheromone. Much to her dismay, this effect inadvertently makes any male in her vicinity lust over her. Unlike traditional depictions of succubi as highly confident and driven, Sato is timid and shy, taking precautions to minimize her contact with - and appeal to - men around her.
Sato comes off as socially awkward, as she avoids being within 4 feet of males if she can help it. She highly admires Tetsuo Takahashi for his self control despite the apparent effect of her aphrodisiac, to which most males, even her students, succumb.
Being a teacher, she constantly puts her students' well-being first and foremost. Kind, gentle, caring, and somewhat clumsy by nature, these qualities present the image of an ideal wife to most men, amplifying their attraction towards her and further increasing her self-consciousness. As a result, Saki wondered if she tried dating, would the attraction be solely on her looks or who she was as a person? A conundrum that haunted her thoughts for years.
Because he resists her aphrodisiac effect and treats her like a normal person, Saki develops feelings for Tetsuo. As of chapter 43, Saki has taken a step further to developing a relationship with Tetsuo, thanks to Kurtz explaining much of her troubles as a succubus to him.
Saki shares a love of manga with Yuki. Yuki often brings manga for her to read.
An officer from the demi division who has looked out for her since she was 14. Ugaki has served as a father figure to Saki as her own wasn't able to handle raising her. Saki is grateful for Ugaki's support and is usually the only person she can confide her deepest thoughts to. He is the first male she felt at ease around, as Ugaki knows to avoid being within arm's reach.
- She lives in a house in a remote location, as having neighbors would make her uneasy due her aphrodisiac effect.
- As of chapter 44, Saki is allowed to stay periodically at a formerly disused room at the school previously used by security guards.
- Later it's revealed Saki has the second most power known aphrodisiac effect, hence why she so easily arouses men.
- Kurtz reveals that normally a succubus with such a powerful aphrodisiac effect would receive financial aid so they wouldn't need to work. But Saki wants to be normal as possible.
- Saki awakes at 4:15 every morning.
- She is home less than she wishes as she is forced to take the last and first trains to avoid large crowds.
- Its vaguely implied Saki will lose her aphrodisiac effect or it will be greatly lessened once she has children. When Ugaki explained demi division cases involving succubi, he states only young succubi are the cause of the case.
|Tetsuo Takahashi | Hikari Takanashi | Kyoko Machi | Yuki Kusakabe | Sakie Sato | Himari Takanashi|
|Yuusuke Satake | Taeko Yachigusa | Ugaki | Kurtz | Soma | Koji Takanashi | Midori Takanashi | Principal | Vice Principal | Jun'ichi Ohta | Oota | Kimura | Imori | Matsuri | Yoko Takahashi | Zashiko | Kaoru Higa|